Story: How it All Comes Together
Digital Transformation (DT): Agile + Digital Twins (or BIM) + Smart Data
A successful use case example of BIM (Business Information Modelling):
- Engineering and building companies have already deployed BIM technologies like Digital Twins. BIM entails:
- Developing the complete and exact digital model of the entire building or artifact (or a specific machine or gadget or even a human organ).
- Working iteratively until the digital model is exact and complete with all relevant details
- Then the digital model is used to predict the cost, schedule, resources needed and the whole plan to build and set up the real object, saving on expensive materials and overcoming the inconveniences of working with physical components.
- The model can actually simulate the real functioning of the object (building or aircraft or artificial organ) and help foresee problems in its functionality.
- This technology takes advantage of enhanced communication technologies like 5G. And it performs best with Edge Computing.
- As BIM’s work is based on large amounts of data, data management experts will apply Smart Data representations so managers can make the best decisions regarding the projects and investments involved.